San Francisco has been named a top city for solar-powered homes. We all know that solar power is being embraced in the United States, particularly in urban areas like San Francisco. With the decreasing price of installing solar energy and increasing awareness of all the benefits including health, economy and environment, it’s not hard to see why Americans are increasingly switching to solar power.
The Environment Colorado Research & Policy Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to protecting Colorado’s air, water and open spaces, just released a first-of-its-kind comparative look at the growth of solar power in our nation. The report, which lists the nation’s top solar cities, shows the trend toward solar power has been gaining momentum over the past five years.
“America’s top 20 solar cities take up 0.1% of the land area of the United States, but account for 7% of solar power capacity,” the report states.
Solar energy is not just good for the environment. There are many benefits to cities including:
- Solar energy avoids pollution.
- Solar energy protects consumers, reducing the need for electricity transmission and the need for costly and inefficient “peaking” power plants.
- Solar energy helps the local economy by creating jobs.
- Solar energy brings with it commitment from local governments and support from city policies and programs.
- Federal programs including renewable energy tax credits and funding also support solar energy.
America’s leading solar cities, which include San Francisco, have made significant progress to tap this amazing energy’s immense potential. Once again, we are on the cutting edge!
If you don’t currently reside in San Francisco and are considering relocating to this top city for solar-powered homes, please contact me via email at Daniel.DerVartanian@sothebyshomes.com or give me a call at (415) 901-1727. Check my website to see what’s available today.