If you are thinking about moving to Northern California, you might be interested in learning about the latest San Francisco demographics. While the demographics of any community are constantly changing, this current analysis, based on US Census data, offers potential homebuyers a general idea of our diverse neighborhoods.
Lets get right into the results:
- San Francisco has the second-highest percentage of residents with a college degree, only behind Seattle.
- More than 44% of adults within the city limits have a Bachelor’s or higher degree.
- San Francisco has the highest percentage of gay and lesbian residents of any of the 50 largest U.S. cities
- San Francisco also has the highest percentage of same-sex households of any American county
- San Francisco ranks third among American cities in median household income
- St. Francis Wood-Miraloma and Parkside-Forest Hill have the most owner-occupied housing.
These results paint an interesting picture of our communities but its important to remember that the world is in constant change so potential homebuyers should work closely with a real estate agent that knows the area.
This information is also important for people thinking of selling their home because median sales prices and dollar per square foot values may be affected by number of diverse factors. A seasoned agent can offer you a specific comparative market analysis to come up with the right price.
I am happy to be that seasoned agent to assist you in buying or selling your home. I keep up-to-date on home prices, inventory, San Francisco demographics as well as the surrounding communities, and all real estate activity here. Please contact me via email at Daniel.DerVartanian@sothebyshomes.com or give me a call at (415) 901-1727. Whether you are planning to sell or buy, I look forward to sharing my knowledge with you. In the meantime, be sure to check my website.